Resolving Condo Conflicts According to many condo owners, there are certain core issues that are among the most common concerns of residents. Identifying them could be a helpful way to encourage condo organizations to have resolution mechanisms in place to address such issues as they arise – rather than allowing them to undermine the lifestyle choices of their constituents.
Check out these five common concerns, and determine whether your board has proactive measures in place to resolve issues related to them.
• Noise is one of the most common condo issues, and a policy is essential to every building.
• Smoking is expected to become a renewed issue as social norms change over vaping and cannabis use.
• Cooking Odours are another common source of complaint, but ideally not often a recurring problem.
• Pets are typically addressed in all condo agreements, but isolated incidents can spark conflict.
• Short-term rentals are becoming a major issue in many cities, and condo boards need strict enforceable policies.
Approaching your condo board about their proactive measures is the best way to ensure these issues are resolved with clear and reasonable solutions. To ensure sustainable results, you need responsible, reliable and accountable management that holds regular, accessible and well-documented board meetings.